Kimbrynn’s Birth Story

A year and a half later, I’ve decided to write Kimbrynn’s birth story. I’m partly doing it because I now have a blog and partly because it has been on my mind lately. I’ll ler you know all about why and why I’ve also been reading other mom’s birth stories.

This was my second time giving birth. I gave birth to Karsynn naturally, with no meds and knew I wanted to do the same with Kimbrynn. Someday I’ll write Karsynn’s birth story. I need to find all the pictures from then. (We’ve move A LOT since then.)

It was Easter Sunday. I woke up early, like 6 a.m. early. I had been having contractions all night, but they were managable and pretty far apart. We live about 45 minutes away from the hospital, so I didn’t want to drive all the way, only to be sent home for “false labor”. I was still 5 days away from my due date.

I was still having the back pain from the night before, so I decided to take a warm shower. To my SURPRISE, when I got out, I noticed what you call your “mucus plug” just dangling about (I know, ew!). I called out for Derek and he ran in, asking if we needed to go to the dr. I told him no, that we’d be fine.

We got ready for church and I had some hot tea and a granola bar. I was determined to not go in to the hospital. We went to church and at this point, I’m pretty sure I was laboring. I was having contractions every 10-15 minutes for about a minute each. I could see everyone looking at me, wondering if I’d have the baby right there and then.
After church, we headed to my family’s lunch and egg hunt (even further from our hospital). We did all of our family activities there and I was still contracting. They hurt, but not too bad. I could push through them and wasn’t too worried. My whole family was telling me to go to in, but I still wasn’t ready…or convinced.

We headed to Derek’s grandma’s, for the family gathering there. We got there around 5-5:30. My contractions were getting stronger and closer together. I had a seat and let Karsynn do a quick egg hunt. Everyone was telling me that I should probably go in, and I was starting to think the same.

I was ready to go…and then Derek’s cousin accidentally dropped a beer on me…lol 😂. I was like, “now they’re not gonna let me bring my baby home!” haha. She brought me a change of clothes. I had a hard contraction and we left. We were about 5-10 minutes from the hospital.

(Above pic taken right before walking into the hospital.)

When we arrived at the hospital, Derek had to stay back in the waiting room with Karsynn until one of our mom’s got there. It was about 6 p.m. by this time. I went back, changed and gave a urine sample…all the routine things they make you do. The nurse left the room to test my urine and about a minute after I had my last contraction, my final one came. As soon as it eased up, I heard a *pop* annnnnd…my water had broke!

I yelled out, “I think my water just broke!”. A nurse or doctor came in, telling me to “just calm down”. (Um, excuse me?! Lol.) She checked me and said I was ready. She called for help and they started rushing me across the hall to a delivery room. Derek’s mom had arrived just in time, because as we were crossing the hall, the receptionist brought him back a told him, “that’s you!”.

I was so happy to see my husband. I was afraid he’d miss the birth of his first born, because it was happening so fast!

As soon as we were in the room, they immediately had me start pushing. I guess I was doing it wrong, because one of the doctors slapped me! She said “not like that!”, telling me not to puff my cheeks out. I ignored her and started pushing “correctly”. It took about 4 pushes and out come our beautiful, dark haired, 7lb 7oz baby girl.

Derek cut the cord and the doctors handed me our little bundle, half wrapped in one of those printed hospital blankies. She was so clean. No blood, no mucus. She was quiet, too. She was taking in her new surroundings, as we were taking in every bit of her.

She was born at 6:38 p.m. Fast & fairly easy is the way I’d describe her delivery.

She instantly started looking for food. She latched on perfectly and ate to her hearts content. Our familes, who were patiently waiting in the lobby, came in to meet their newest family member. Big sister was so excited and couldn’t get enough.

We were moved to a room in the birthing center, not long after. When we got to the room, I remembered that we had nothing. We left our hospital bag and car seat at home. Luckily, I had it all conveniently waiting by our front door and a good friend of ours was able to pick it up and drop it off in the morning to us. Meanwhile, we had no phone charger or cash for snacks. The kitchen couldn’t bring me food because they were apparently already closed.

Everyone left, because it was nearly 9 p.m. Karsynn left with my mom and we were alone with our newborn. What?! She had her first bath at 1:00 a.m. So, we were up pretty much all night. They told us we could leave the next day (24 hrs later), but we opted to stay one more night.

We finally left, Tuesday, April 7 at noon. We were going home with our new addition. Everything was just as it should be. It all happened so quick. It happened before we could process it, but it was pure love and happiness, nonetheless.

Thanks for reading Kimbrynn’s birth story. I tried not to get too yucky. I have lots to share about our first year and a half with her and life with two kids. Stay tuned, y’all. It’s always an exciting day around the Juarez house!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s